The Ministry of Education has asked all schools to let parents know where to find information to support the mental health and wellbeing of their children, and to let you know that the Ministry has recently updated their parents’ website with information about where parents can go to for support and advice if they are concerned about their child’s mental health.
Parents are encouraged to regularly check in with their child about how they are doing and the things going on in their lives. You will find links to organisations you can contact for help and advice if you are concerned about your child on the Ministry of Education’s website clicks here.
If you require further support through the Upper Hutt College Guidance Team please contact:
Looking after Students
Our goal is to provide an environment where all members of the Upper Hutt College community feel safe, connected, included, respected and respectful.
We do this by focussing on the following areas:
- Improve social behaviour of students
- Assess and monitor student and staff wellbeing
- Ensure students and staff (especially those new to school) feel genuinely part of UHC
- Develop opportunities for student participation, service and leadership
- Respect and celebrate diversity
- Ensure Upper Hutt College is a safe school