How to Apply
At Upper Hutt College we welcome international students and the contribution they make to our college. International students are an integral part of our community and we embrace the diversity of cultures and ideas they bring from their home countries.
To enrol at Upper Hutt College, you must:
- Complete the International Student Application Form and Contract of Enrolment. This should be accompanied with recent school reports where possible. A recognised education agent can assist with your enrolment and visa applications, payments, travel and preparation for living in New Zealand. The International Student Application Form and Contract of Enrolment is accessed by clicking here
- If your application is accepted, then you will receive a Conditional Offer of Place and a Fees Invoice.
- You then pay your fees and once these have been received, a receipt will be issued and your Offer of Place becomes unconditional. This will enable you to complete your visa application.
- Apply for your visa. It is important that you apply for your visa as soon as possible as processing times can vary. For more informaton about visas please click the green link here
- We look forward to your stay at Upper Hutt College. Details of your homestay family and accomodation (where relevant) and airport pick up will be sent closer to your time of arrival.
To further assist you with your enrolment process we have created an Enrolment Handbook. To access it, click here
International Student Fees
Most international students study for a full year but some only study for one to three terms. For all costs, the 2020-2021 schedule of student fees is available by clicking here
The school will consider requests for a refund of international student fees, provided the request is made in writing to the school within twelve months of the final enrolment date of the student. The conditions for the refunding of fees are outlined in the International Student Application form and Contract of Enrolment Form - Refund Policy (Schedule Three) which all parents and students must sign. To see detail, click here
International students must have appropriate and current medical and travel insurance while studying in New Zealand. This is a requirement under the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students. Upper Hutt College offers Uni-Care insurance. More information about insurance can be found on the Uni Care website: https://www.uni-care.org/
Insurance Information click here
You can also apply online for a visitor or student visa. You can upload supporting documents, photographs and also pay for your application online. It's faster and easier to apply online Apply for a Student Visa Online
Here is some information about employment rights in New Zealand:
CONTACT - for any further information
Janetta Van Maren, International Student Director: