Upper Hutt College Board
The Upper Hutt College Board is made up of elected parent representatives, co-opted representatives, the school principal, a staff representative and student representative.
Upper Hutt College is a community, passionate about learning,
that encourages pride, participation and excellence.
Upper Hutt College will be a modern learning environment
that will engage and empower every learner to realise their full potential.
We focus on governance and strategic leadership:
- raising student achievement
- ensuring that there is effective communication and consultation with the school’s community
- property and financial management
- setting the vision for the school
- determining the school’s strategic direction; setting long and short term objectives through the Charter, Strategic and Annual Plans
- ensuring the school complies with all National Education and Administration Goals, Guidelines and Policies (Section 75 and 76 of the 1989 Education Act)
- ensuring compliance with legal and policy requirements
- appraising and supporting the Principal’s performance
- developing and approving policies
- monitoring student achievement against the strategic objectives and national guidelines
- consulting with, and working on behalf of, all stakeholders
Parent Representatives & Co-opted Members
Wendy Holmes, Craig Butler, Tania Yorwarth, Joanne Leiper, Mark Brewer
All school policies are available for viewing at the College or through contacting the Board Secretary.
Our Board meets on the last Thursday of each month @ 6.00pm. Please contact the Board Secretary for further information.
To contact the Board, email: [email protected]