Senior Course Selection Handbooks
For 2024, there is one handbook to assist you in selecting Year 11 (NCEA Level 1) courses and a second handbook that assists with both Year 12 and Year 13 (NCEA Levels 2 and 3) courses
It is very important that you select your subjects carefully. The further you go in the senior school, the more difficult it becomes to change that direction. The very best advice is to keep as broad a range of subjects as possible for as long as possible. Compulsory subjects have already been selected for you.
Guidelines for Choosing Senior Subjects
- Discuss your options with your parents, whanau, teachers, Dean or the Careers Advisor.
- Do something you like, that you are good at, and that you are interested in.
- Keep your options open – choose a spread of courses.
- To study a particular subject at Year 12 or Year 13 level it is often necessary to have taken it, or a related subject, in the previous year. Will you meet the course entry requirements for the subjects you have chosen?
- Think about what you will be studying in the future beyond school and what is required at tertiary institutions. Do the subjects meet the university entrance requirements?
Please click on one of the yellow links below to access either the 2024 Year 11 or Year 12 and 13 Senior Course Selection Handbooks.
Ther red handbook below refers to senior 2023 courses.