Upper Hutt College is a co-educational New Zealand high school, founded in 1962. It has a roll of about 1050 students, and has a range of students from different cultures and places in the world.
For more information, read the Upper Hutt College Prospectus 2018 here.
The academic programme is designed for each individual and offers the following:
- Improve your English
- Up to three ESOL classes if necessary
- Traditional academic subjects
- University Entrance
- TOEFL, IELTS and Cambridge exams preparation
- Other subjects such as Outdoor Education, Art, Photography, Drama, Dance and Media Studies
For information on courses, please read the Course Selection Handbook 2017 here.
Sports and Cultural Activities
Upper Hutt College offers a wide range of activities for students:
- Dragon boating
- Badminton, Football, Hockey, Rugby, Volleyball
- Maori culture
- Drama and the 48 hour film festival
- Bands and choir
Our International team is focussed on providing an excellent experience for our International students:
- Individual attention to a relatively small number of international students
- Members of a Form class
- Guidance Counsellor and Careers Advisor.
We provide high quality, carefully selected homestays for our students. The Homestay Manager gets to know our students very well, starting with her meeting the students on arrival in Wellington.
Living in New Zealand
Please read the brochure Student Guidelines to Living in New Zealand here.
For more information, please contact:
Greg Mutch (Director of International Students)