Board of Trustees
The Upper Hutt College Board of Trustees is made up of elected parent representatives, co-opted representatives, the school principal, a staff representative and student representative.
Upper Hutt College is a community, passionate about learning,
that encourages pride, participation and excellence.
Upper Hutt College will be a modern learning environment
that will engage and empower every learner to realise their full potential.
We focus on governance and strategic leadership:
- raising student achievement
- ensuring that there is effective communication and consultation with the school’s community
- property and financial management
- setting the vision for the school
- determining the school’s strategic direction; setting long and short term objectives through the Charter, Strategic and Annual Plans
- ensuring the school complies with all National Education and Administration Goals, Guidelines and Policies (Section 75 and 76 of the 1989 Education Act)
- ensuring compliance with legal and policy requirements
- appraising and supporting the Principal’s performance
- developing and approving policies
- monitoring student achievement against the strategic objectives and national guidelines
- consulting with, and working on behalf of, all stakeholders
Parent Representatives & Co-opted Members
Mark Brewer, Jaco Greyling, Tania Wilkinson, Tania Jones .
All school policies are available for viewing at the College or through contacting the Board Secretary.
Our Board meets on the last Thursday of each month @ 6.00pm. Please contact the Board Secretary for further information.
To contact the Board, email: [email protected]