Kia ora koutou katoa
As you will have heard this evening, we will be moving to Alert Level 2 for the next 3 days - Monday to Wednesday. Here are the key pieces of information you need to know:
- Schools are open to everyone and all students must attend - it is safe for students and staff to be here.
- Learning will continue onsite. [email protected] will be available in some circumstances: students who are required to self-isolate, students who health authorities have asked to stay home while waiting for a test result or those students choosing to remain at home because they are vulnerable to illness.
- Schools are not classified as gatherings so scheduled events and activities can go ahead.
- Face coverings are not required at school or on any school transport. If a student catches public transport, a face covering is required.
- Students who are sick must stay at home and you should seek medical advice if they have COVID-like symptoms and get tested if advised to do so. If that person displays relevant symptoms of COVID-19, tests positive for COVID-19, or has been in close contact with someone who tests positive for COVID-19, they must self-isolate.
- We will be reminding students of basic health measures – physical distancing (not touching and not breathing on each other), hand hygiene, cough and sneeze etiquette. We have good student facilities for handwashing.
- If you need to visit the college, we have QR posters for the NZ COVID Tracer App, and a visitor register.
Hopefully this will be a temporary measure and things will return to Alert Level 1 shortly. If you have any questions about this Alert Level, or about your child being at school, please contact us.
Ngā mihi nui