YEAR 10 - LEARNING CONNECTIONS
Head of Department: Sue Campbell
Purpose: Learning Connections is a full year 'directed option' for Year 10 students offered by the Learning Support Department. It is designed to develop a range of skills including literacy and numeracy and give students more confidence across the core curriculum areas. Students will be give the opportunity to prepare for the enjoy success as a senior student at Upper Hutt College.
Description: This course will be challenging, practical and fun. We will be using research inquiry project based activities to improve and gain further skills in research, information literacy, writing and numeracy.
The research projects will be flexible, student centred and aimed to engage the enquiring mind!
Students will also have the option to use time in this class to helpo complete work from other subject areas.
Key Competencies: The key competencies in Learning Connections will be offered over the programme as follows:
- Managing self: Goal setting, time management, work and study skills
- Relating to others: Co-operative learning and group activities
- Participating and contributing: Collaborative project work in and beyond the classroom
- Thinking: Career exploration, learning to learn, evaluation, reflection.
- Using language, symbols and texts: Research, presenting information, statistics.
Course Fee: $20.00